Health Equity for Developmental Disabilities
For Individuals with Developmental Disabilities and their Families and Caregivers
A research project led by Drs. Lei-Shih (Lace) Chen and Marcia Montague at Texas A&M University.
About the Program
The Developmental Disabilities program aims to help individuals with DD and their caregivers in constructing a support system for improvement. By participating, you will receive free resources for the duration of the program available at flexible hours. The Developmental Disabilities program includes support and free 24- hour virtual access of project project materials. Our overall goal is to promote health equity for individuals with DD beginning in the Brazos Valley region.
- People who are living with developmental disabilities or caregivers/parents of people with developmental disabilities.
- People who live in the Brazos Valley Region (Brazos, Burleson, Grimes, Leon, Madison, Robertson, or Washington Counties).
- People who are able to read, write, and speak either English or Spanish fluently.
- People who have access to a smartphone, laptop, or desktop computer with reliable internet to take the training course.
- People who have access to an active email account (we can provide assistance setting up an email account if needed).
Learn More About the DD Program
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Brazos Valley Region?
The Brazos Valley Region consists of Brazos, Burleson, Grimes, Leon, Madison, Robertson, and Washington Counties.
Can I join this program if I don't live in the Brazos Valley Region?
Can I continue this program if I move out of the Brazos Valley Region?
Can I join this program if I am fluent in only Spanish or only English?
Can I join this program if I do not speak English or Spanish?
No. Unfortunately, this program is only available in English and Spanish, and fluency in one or both languages is required.
Will this program affect my health insurance status or my job?
When will I be able to access the training?
Is this program free?
Will my information be kept confidential?
Yes! We will not share your information or profile with anyone.
Will participating in this program expose me to COVID-19?
No. This program is offered and can be completed 100% online.
How long does the program last?
The tentative end date is currently August 31, 2027.
Will I still have access to the materials when the program ends?
No, but you can save a copy of the materials during the program.