The CDD trained three graduate students from diverse backgrounds to become leaders in the field of developmental disabilities.
Over a 12 month period, these graduate trainees:
- Participated in interdisciplinary training under the supervision of Dr. Laura Stough, Assistant Director at the CDD.
- Engaged in projects with researchers at the CDD.
- Proposed presentations and attended the annual meeting of the Association of University Centers on Disability (AUCD) in 2016.
- Participated in a graduate course that focused on diversity issues.
- Attended workshops on diversity offered through Texas A&M.
- Interacted with other trainees throughout the UCEDD network.
- Disseminated the results of their activities and projects.