LEAPing Toward Independence and Employment
The LEAP summer program will have both an “’in-person” and virtual option this summer (2021). Please designate your preference on this application. The deadlines for the application are May 14, 2021 for the in person event and July 2 for the virtual event.
Applications for the Summer 2021 sessions are now available.
In-person: June 11-20
Virtual: July 26-30 and August 2-6
The Leadership, Employability, and Advocacy Project (LEAP) will select 30 youth, aged 14-22 at each event, from qualified applicants across the State of Texas.
To be selected, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be between the ages of 14-22 at the time of the event.
- Entering 8th-12th grade during the 2021-2022 school year. Students in post-secondary programs such as 18+ are also strongly encouraged to apply.
- Must not have graduated/left high school or a district post-secondary program.
Applicants must complete and submit an application and may only attend one LEAP event.
LEAP I: May 14, 2021 (In-Person)
LEAP II: July 2, 2021 (Virtual)
For more information about Project LEAP, contact Dr. Shaunta Singer.
Mentors (STARS) Wanted
Ideal mentors will:
- Seek opportunities to teach students with disabilities
- Have experience working with individuals with disabilities (not a requirement)
- Have work availability up to 10-20 hours per week