The Leadership, Employability, and Advocacy Project (LEAP) will select thirty (30) youth ages 14-22 (at each event) from qualified applicants across the state of Texas. This exciting educational ten-day training program includes a tour of the State Capitol, a meeting with state-level officials, and one day of mock legislative sessions. To be selected, participants must meet the following criteria:
- Be between the ages of 14-22 at the time of the event
- Entering 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade during the 2022 – 2023 school year (students in post-secondary programs such as 18+ area so strongly encouraged to apply).
Applicants must complete and submit an application before the application deadline. Participants may only attend one of the LEAP events.
Mentors (STARS) Wanted
Ideal mentors will:
- Seek opportunities to teach students with disabilities
- Have experience working with individuals with disabilities (not a requirement)
- Have work availability up to 10-20 hours per week