LEAPing Toward Independence & Employment
Applications for the Summer 2020 sessions are now available.
- Session 1: June 5-14, 2020
- Session 2: July 17-26, 2020
Both sessions will be held at the main Texas A&M campus in College Station, TX.
The Leadership, Employability, and Advocacy Project (LEAP) will select 30 youth, aged 14-22 at each event, from qualified applicants across the State of Texas. This exciting ten-day educational program includes:
- A tour of the State Capitol,
- A meeting with state-level officials, and
- One day of mock legislative sessions.
To be selected, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be between the ages of 14-22 at the time of the event.
- Entering 8th-12th grade during the 2020-2021 school year. Students in post-secondary programs such as 18+ are also strongly encouraged to apply.
- Must not have graduated/left high school or a district post-secondary program.
Applicants must complete and submit an application and may only attend one LEAP event.
- LEAP I: May 2020 (June event)
- LEAP II: June 2020 (July event)
For more information about Project LEAP, contact Dr. Shaunta Singer.
Mentors (STARS) Wanted
Ideal mentors will:
- Seek opportunities to teach students with disabilities
- Have experience working with individuals with disabilities (not a requirement)
- Have work availability up to 10-20 hours per week