Texas A&M University’s Department of Health and Kinesiology’s Climate and Diversity Committee is excited to announce its inaugural diversity and inclusion conference.
Conference Theme: Able, Active, and Adaptive
Healthy Living Across the Lifespan
This conference seeks to promote the inclusion of support for individuals with disabilities and movement disorders in enhancing their physical capabilities.
Ways to Participate
The presenter application is open now and will close January 15, 2018.
All activities should highlight quality and innovative practices relevant to health, physical education, sport management, and kinesiology, while having a well-defined
focus on individuals with disabilities. Participates may request to participate in more than one activity. Select one or more:
- Keynote Address (45 minutes) – Friday or Saturday
- Presentation (30 minutes)- Lecture style presentations can range from in-depth scientific research to academic scholarly practices. Presentation and Q&A.
- Demonstration (45 minutes) – presentation preferably with some live action or interactive parts.
- Workshop– sessions focused on skill building or formal professional workforce training (45 or 90 minutes)
- Experience – session will emphasize hands on experience (45 or 90 minutes)
- Trade Show Vendor or Exhibitor Booth –for products, services and volunteer organizations. Sunday 8-4pm
- Other- if the above sessions don’t fit but you still want to participate, please tell us how.
– Keynote addresses Friday, April 20th- Saturday, April 21st.
– Workshop, symposia, demonstrations, and experiences Saturday, April 21st
– Community Activity Festival with vendors, demonstrations, and experiences Saturday, April 21st
– World Fit Walk (1 miles walk around the PEAP track) is being organized for both Friday and Saturday
– Evening social have been proposed by student groups. The following projects are being considered:
– Sitting Volleyball experience and fun competition
– Wheelchair Basketball experience and fun competition.
– Exhibition game by the Texas Wheel Chair Basketball League
- Faculty Coordination – Dr. Sloane Milstein
- Student Coordination (Fall semester) Ms. Hannah Zuhn
- Climate and Diversity Committee Chairs