The Texas Advanced Leadership and Advocacy Conference (TALAC) has now opened registration to eligible applicants interested in attending the Texas Post 83rd Legislative Conference. The conference will be held in Austin on July 7-8, 2013.
Individuals interested in attending the Texas Advanced Leadership and Advocacy Post 83rd Legislature Session Conference must complete the participant application.
To attend and participate in the Post Texas 83rd Legislative Session conference, individuals must meet the following qualifications:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Live in Texas
- Have experience and interest in public policy advocacy
- Have experience and interest in assuming a leadership role in local community activities
- Have attended at least one TALAC in the past
Due to limited space, participants must apply and be accepted to attend the Post 83rd Legislature Session conference.
For more information, contact Leena Landmark at 979-458-0403 or toll free 855-231-7575.
Most meals (Sunday’s dinner, Monday’s breakfast and lunch), transportation to and from the Capitol, and conference materials are included in the price of registration.
- Agency/Organization Professional (including hotel accommodations) $200
This rate is available to individuals attending for professional development purposes and includes hotel accommodations for one night at the conference hotel.
- Agency/Organization Professional $100
This rate is available to individuals attending for professional development purposes and does not include hotel accommodations.
- Individual/Family Member (including hotel accommodations) $120*
This rate is available to self-advocates and immediate family members of an individual with a disability and includes hotel accommodations for one night at the conference hotel.
- Individual/Family Member $75*
**This rate is available to self-advocates and immediate family members of an individual with a disability and does not include hotel accommodations.
* Individuals and immediate family members of an individual with a disability needing financial assistance to attend the conference may be eligible to receive free or reduced rate in addition to reimbursement for travel expenses up to $250. Financial assistance will be awarded on a case-by-case basis and is contingent upon available funds.
For more information about the Texas Advanced Leadership Conference, logon the website.
Financial support for TALAC is provided by the Texas Council for Developmental Disabilities, with Federal funds* made available by the United States Department of Health and Human Services, Administration on Developmental Disabilities. *$214,742/75% DD funds; $71,255/25% match from TAMU.