Select Page

2017 PATHS Graduate – Morgan Shiver

Morgan Shiver in front of The Clubhouse with paycheck

On May the 4th, Morgan Shiver interviewed for a job not far from her father’s house near Fort Worth.  She graduated from the PATHS Program on May 8th and she met with her Texas Workforce Commission Counselor on May 9th.  On May 10, Morgan started as a volunteer at The Clubhouse for Special Needs in Bedford near Fort Worth.  During this time, she had a workforce commission job coach and on June 26th was officially placed on the payroll at The Clubhouse.  On July 7th,  Morgan received her very first paycheck!  She works at the Clubhouse as an Instructor.

“I really enjoy working with the Clubhouse clients who are 13-22 years old.  As a staff member and instructor, I work with the clients doing activities that develop life skills like hygiene, communications, counting money and personal safety.  Sometimes, I also go on field trips with the clients and other staff to the library, bowling alley and other places like the swimming pool.  When I received my first paycheck, the clients and the staff were very excited for me and they celebrated along with me.”

Morgan also gave an update on her service dog, Megan, who is doing well and should begin her phase 3 (services) training sometime around Christmas which will be shortly after her second birthday. 
“I hope the new Bridge to Career students are doing well and I really miss the Texas A&M campus, riding the A&M buses, you, and all of my PATHS classmates.  I have included a picture of me with my first paycheck.”